10 Breast Cancer Tips for Patients, Family, and Friends. Yes, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the United States. In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, please receive these 10 Breast Cancer Tips for Patients, Family, and Friends from Yvonne Ortega.
- Breast cancer is a diagnosis, not a death sentence.
- Breast cancer is not contagious.
- A positive attitude helps everyone.
- Every day is a gift, so live that way.
- Read joke books and watch comedies because laughter lightens the load.
- Nutritious meals will strengthen you. Keep fat and sugar to a minimum.
- Journal and be honest about your feelings on the emotional roller coaster of cancer.
- Attend a breast cancer support group for encouragement and the latest information.
- Keep visits short to guard your energy.
- Make a list of questions to ask at your doctor visits and treatment.
Copyright © by Yvonne Ortega X.XVI.MMXVII