Diagnosis, surgery, treatment, recovery — I’ve been there. Denial, negativity, anger, hope — I’ve felt those emotions. My personal journey through cancer began with a surgical biopsy three days before Christmas 2000. My book records my journey and provides inspiration, encouragement, and direction for any woman fighting cancer today. The book will also help family and friends understand what their loved ones are experiencing.
Contributing Author to the Following Books:
I’ve also written articles and devotions for these publications:
- Christians in Recovery
- Christian Communicator
- Spirit-Led Writer
- The Quiet Hour (Cook Communications Ministries)
- The Virginia Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors VAADAC VIEWS
- The Secret Place (Judson Press)
- Believe magazine, Virginia
- Maine Fellowship of Christian Writers Conference Anthology
- Literary award, devotional writing, Maine Fellowship of Christian Writers Conference, 2002
- Persistence Award, American Christian Writers Conference (VA), for continuing to write during aggressive cancer treatment
Yvonne’s articles on the Overcoming Addictions-Help for Christians Blog at cbn.com
- Thanksgiving for Those in Recovery http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2011/11.aspx
- The Struggle to Eat Right at Christmas Time http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2011/12/17/the-struggle-to-eat-right-at-christmas-time.aspx
- Forgive Yourself
- Free Yourself by Forgiving Others http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2012/03/16/free-yourself-by-forgiving-others.aspx
- When We Run from God http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2012/04/12/when-we-run-from-god.aspx
- When You Have Nothing Left http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2012/04/20/when-you-have-nothing-left.aspx
- Waiting Is Hard http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2012/05/25/waiting-is-hard.aspx
- But I’m Not Drinking http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2012/06/22/but-im-not-drinking.aspx
- I’m Stressed http://blogs.cbn.com/battlingaddictions/archive/2012/07/20/im-stressed.aspx
- Will the Cravings Ever Go Away?
- Handle Grief in a Healthy Way
Yvonne is also a frequent writer for Christians in Recovery® online.
She has presented writing workshops at the CLASS Christian Writers Conference in New Mexico, the Colorado Christian Writers Conference, the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference, the Maine Fellowship of Christian Writers, and the Richmond Christians Who Write Conference.
Yvonne’s Writing Topics
- Writing to Heal
- Writing a Nonfiction Book Proposal
- Writing Devotions
- Self-Editing for Writers
- Tackling Trauma